Wednesday 10 August 2011

Bruce Willis Enters Negotiations to Play Original Joe in 'G.I. Joe' Sequel

G.I. Joe / Bruce Willis
Back when "Friday Night Lights" star Adrianne Palicki bagged the role of Lady Jaye in next summer's sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation, it was mentioned that Bruce Willis was one of several names in the running to play the original G.I. Joe, General Joseph B. Colton, but it was far from a done deal. Now Heat Vision reports Willis has officially entered negotiations to take the role of the character who, in the 1980's comics, is responsible for starting the G.I. Joe strike team, called the ultimate freedom force, and was given the now infamous handle of G.I. Joe. You'd think this would've been included in the first film, but apparently not.
Willis now seems to be the biggest name in the film edging out The Rock and Channing Tatum who were previously the most recognizable talents on the project. I have to admit, this perfect bit of casting almost has me excited about a G.I. Joe sequel, but I still have a terrible taste in my mouth after the first film. Perhaps a fresh director, Jon M. Chu, and a script from Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick make this a superior sequel. G.I. Joe: Retaliation begins shooting in New Orleans next month and Paramount will send the film to theaters on June 29th, 2012. As always, we'll continue to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...